To make approximately four 2″ diameter bath bombs you will need the following:
- 1 cup baking soda
- 1/2 cup epsom salts
- 1/2 cup corn starch
- 1/2 cup citric acid
- 2 tablespoons castor oil (or other vegetable oil)
- 30 drops of your favourite essential oils (for this demo we used 15 of Eucalyptus, 10 of Geranium and 5 of Lavender)
- 2 tablespoons witch hazel extract
- 5 drops of food colouring (optional)
- medium sized mixing bowl
- measuring cups & tablespoon
- 2 stainless steel (not aluminum) bath bomb molds
- With a whisk mix all dry ingredients in one bowl.
- In a measuring cup mix all wet ingredients.
- Slowly and gradually add the wet ingredients to the dry while steadily mixing with the whisk.
- The resulting mixture should now feel similar to damp sand.
- Pack this blend tightly into 2 bath bomb molds and then press the molds together.
- Tap the molds with a spoon to release the bath bomb from the mold.
- Allow bath bomb to dry for 24 to 48 hours.
- Add to your bath water. Enjoy!
To order the finest grade of essential oils Click Here.